ISC is seeking a creative, driven Executive Editor who recognizes challenges and turn these into possibilities.
The Executive Editor guides the business development of ISC print and digital publications, including Sculpture magazine and www.sculpture.org, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Act as the public face of ISC publications, performing all development functions of the department such as representing the ISC at art fairs and special events and establishing relationships with galleries, collectors, and art institutions. Determine and implement strategies to increase magazine web and social media presence and work with Executive Director and Editor to expand web-specific programming.
Collaborate with management and advertising teams to identify and implement sales and marketing strategies; provide support to all marketing and sales activities for magazine and evaluate potential opportunities.
Liaise with other departments within the ISC to coordinate with publishing and business goals and contribute to the development of long-term strategies for ISC publications.
- Advanced degree required
- Previous senior position in publishing
- Familiarity with contemporary art required
- Administrative, business, and marketing experience required
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills